Meme Tag

Olly tagged Aaron tagged me. I don't normally do this kind of thing but now I've got a blog for pointless stuff like this.

I got to thinking recently about the idea that all of us, as humans, have principles we live by daily. These aren’t your over-arching beliefs necessarily, but rather the things that you do daily as a part of those beliefs. So, for example, it’s not that I’m an anarchist, but things I do daily in line with that. I’ve kept it to 5 on my own, but there’s no hard rules on this meme; name as few or as many as you’d like! Likewise, no limits on how few or how many (if any) people you tag… do whatever is comfortable!


Principle 1: A better way exists, find it.

I'm a perfectionist, but perfection is perpetually elusive. Since I can't ever have it exactly perfect, but it still bugs me when I find imperfections, I do a lot of slow, constant refining on things. Ideas, drawings, perceptions, writings, skills, that sort of thing.

Principle 2: Question everything.

This goes along with Principle 1. There are ideas that get into your head that are sometimes hard to get rid of. I question the things I think I know, and the things others think they know. There's nothing that isn't up for questioning.

Principle 3: Do something different.

Doing something the same way again and again because it gets results is subject to withering of time like anything else. Every time I do something I've done before, I try to do it differently. I may find it works better. I make find it doesn't work as well. No matter what I find, I'm better off with that knowledge. So it falls under Principle 1 also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Principle 3 reminds me of Einstein.
"If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got."